SMALL GROUP STUDY NOTES
Turning Water into Wine
The Gospel of John Series � Part 1 of 10
What do you think about the old Japanese proverb, �Hearing a hundred times is not as good as seeing once?� How has that been true in your life?
1. What was the result of Jesus� turning water into wine? (v. 11)
2. What are the reasons for signs and wonders? In your opinion are signs and wonders for today?
3. How does Jesus� turning water into wine (joy) differ from Moses� turning water into blood (judgment) in Ex. 7:14-24? What is God saying about Himself and the Kingdom of God through these two transformations?
4. What do you do when your wine (joy) runs out? How can we also�
- Find the source?
- Follow the recipe?
- Feast on good wine?
5. How can we expect transformation? Read 2 Cor. 5:17, Rom. 12:2-3, 2 Cor. 3:18.
6. How have you been fundamentally changed since coming to know Christ?