the governance authority shall satisfy the scriptural standards for church leadership and shall be members of this church.
The senior pastor shall be chairman or, at his request, the governance authority shall elect an elder as chairman. An elder shall also be elected as vice chairman. Meetings shall be held for prayer and business, and abbreviated minutes shall be reported to the church as the church may decide. Special meetings may be called by the chairman or shall be called upon written request of one-half of the governance authority membership. All officers, committees, and organizations, except the Nominating Committee, are amenable to the collective oversight of the elders.
Bylaw Article VI - Church Governance Authority
A. FREQUENCY OF MEETINGS. Meetings of the governance authority shall be held monthly.
B. NAME. The governance authority of the Yakima Alliance Church shall be known as the Board of Elders. Their work shall be supplemented by a Financial Board. The Board of Elders shall determine the responsibilities to be delegated, necessary level(s) of authority, and matters of accountability.
1. Board of Elders. The number serving as the Board of Elders shall be determined by the Board of Elders and shall include the senior pastor. Other staff pastors may be invited to attend Elder meetings, but shall not sit on the board.
2. Financial Board. The number serving on the Financial Board shall be determined by the Board of Elders.
1. Board of Elders. The Board of Elders shall consist of the senior pastor and those elected to serve. The senior pastor shall be the chairman unless he declines in which case a chairman shall be elected by the Board of Elders.
2. The Financial Board shall be composed of: a representative of the pastoral staff designated by the Senior Pastor, one representative each from the Deacon and Deaconess Boards chosen from their board, a Secretary, a Treasurer, a Financial Secretary, and at least two (2) Members at-large. More members may be added to the Financial Board at the discretion of the Board of Elders. Written instructions will be passed to the Nominating Committee by the Board of Elders.
- The qualifications for elders are set out in I Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:6-9. Further, each must be an active member of this church and have been and active member for at least one year before being elected to serve as an elder.
- Members of the Financial Board are expected to maintain a lifestyle in keeping with the spirit and intent of these same references. Further, each must be an active member of this church and have been and active member for at least one year before being elected to serve on the Financial Board.
- QUORUM. A quorum for the legal conduct of business by both Boards shall be two-thirds of the respective board members.
ARTICLE VII OFFICERS
The officers shall be members of this church and shall satisfy the scriptural standards for church leadership. They shall consist of the following who, with the exception of the senior pastor, shall be elected at the annual meeting of the church: senior pastor, secretary, treasurer, assistant treasurer, missionary treasurer, and such other officers as may be designated in the church Bylaws or in the state law.
The offices of treasurer and missionary treasurer may be filled by the same person.
Bylaw Article VII - Officers
The Treasurer and Missionary Treasurer shall be the same person.
ARTICLE VIII PASTORAL STAFF
The governance authority shall not give consideration to any candidate for the pastoral staff without the approval of the district superintendent. Pastoral staff members shall be called by the governance authority and appointed by the district superintendent after conference with the governance authority. The district superintendent shall suggest to the governance authority the names of such workers as in his judgment have proper qualifications for pastoral staff. Upon appointment by the district superintendent, a pastoral staff member and spouse become members of this church. Pastoral staff include all those whose position calls for licensing as an "official worker," as defined in the General Regulations in the Manual of The Christian and Missionary Alliance.