SMALL GROUP STUDY NOTES
OPEN YOUR HEART�S DOOR TO GOD�S JOY FOR YOU
Part 2 of 5
What is something that brings you joy this Christmas?
Read Lk. 2:8-20
Read Phil. 4:4
1. What is the difference between joyfulness and happiness?
2. What hinders us from always being joyful?
3. What is the basis of true joy? How do you keep that basis front and center in your life?
4. Why do you think God chose the shepherds of all people to go to Bethlehem to be first witnesses and first messengers of the birth of Jesus?
5. Reread Lk. 2:18-20. What were the different responses to the good news of Jesus� birth? What was your response to the gospel when you first heard it? How did you receive Christ?
6. How can we mirror the joy of the angels and the shepherds to those around us this holiday season? Every day of the year?
7. Who do you know that needs to hear the good news of Jesus Christ this Christmas? How would they best receive it?