SMALL GROUP STUDY NOTES
I Am the Good Shepherd
The Gospel of John Series � Part 5 of 10
Share a time in your life when you felt the Lord helping you through a particularly difficult situation.
1. Why do you think Jesus chooses to name Himself the �Good Shepherd� and not the �Good Lion Trainer� or the �Exquisite Diamond Polisher�? That is, if He�s the Shepherd then we�re the sheep, and why would that be an apt description for us?
2. In what ways does God know everything about me? Read Jn. 10:14 and Ps. 139:13-16.
3. How does He know the church? Read Rev. 3:15 and Rev. 2:4.
4. How do we know Him (Jn. 10:14)? And how can we know Him better?
5. If God�s sheep know Him, then why does the church need to send (Rom. 10:14-15) and disciple (Mt. 28:19-20)?
6. How does the Good Shepherd in laying down His life for the sheep (Jn. 10:15) contrast with the hired hand (Jn. 10:12-13)?
7. Who is the wolf the hired hand runs away from? What are some examples of wolves in our modern day society that eat up God�s sheep (i.e. pornography, alcoholism, etc.)?