SMALL GROUP STUDY NOTES
I Am the Bread of Life
The Gospel of John Series � Part 2 of 10
What is the most satisfying thing in your life right now?
1. Read Ex. 3:13-14. What is the significance of �I AM� when Jesus speaks to the crowd?
2. Read Jn. 8:48-59. What is Jesus claiming about Himself that make the seven �I am� statements in the gospel of John particularly compelling?
3. Compare and contrast the manna found in Ex. 17:21 with the bread found in Mt. 4:4 and the bread of life found in Jn. 6:35.
4. How does the bread of life become our necessary daily sustenance versus an optional side dish? How has He become that for you?
5. Discuss the acronym, �BREAD:�
B � Believe in Jesus (Jn. 6:40, 6:28-29)
R � Redefine the Essentials
Old definition (Jn. 6:30-31)
New definition (Jn. 6:32-33)
E � Expect Great Things from God (Jn. 6:5-6)
A � Attempt Great Things for God (Mk. 11:22-24)
D � Depend Daily on God (Jn. 6:34)